Free Workshop Series: It's Your Money / It's Your Estate
Finance and estate decisions require knowledge in many areas: accounting, finance, law, insurance, taxes, investments and charitable planning. In partnership with several non-profit organizations, Chapman University sponsors a series of free workshops throughout Orange County every spring and fall. We invite you to attend and learn how to make wiser, more fully informed decisions about your financial future.
There are no fees. You may attend an entire series or the individual sessions of your choice.
- No commercial or for-profit sponsors.
- No speakers receive attendees' names, addresses or phone numbers.
- No financial or insurance product will be sold.
- No charity will solicit you for a donation.
WORKSHOP MISSION: To provide the resources people need to make confident financial, estate and charitable decisions.
- IT'S YOUR MONEY - In the "It's Your Money" program our presenters teach attendees to identify financial sales people; understand the financial planning process (net worth, budget, goals and objectives, projection, investments); equity and fixed income investing; the importance for the professional advisor to be a fiduciary; and how a Charitable Gift Annuity is different than a commercial annuity. They discuss scams including those involving charity. One of the biggest fears for seniors is running out of money. The series helps individuals to assess their personal situation and prepare for the future.
- IT'S YOUR ESTATE - In the "It's Your Estate" program our presenters teach the following topics: Will, Probate, Durable Powers, Advanced Health Care Directive and establishing a Living Trust. Our presenters also explain the possible value of charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts. We want to present a series that is so comfortable that you will recommend it to friends and family.
For more information visit itsyourmoneyandestate.org